Monday, May 9, 2011

highlights and lowlights - day 4

I forgot to include highlights and lowlights of day 4. Kathy started this when she was pulling 24-7 shifts here over the weekend on facebook. I thought I'd continue the tradition.

(I sure hope someone somewhere is drinking a tall cold one for me. Boy howdy do I need a beer!)

Highlights:
- Loosing the pole, and going down to breakfast free and easy (he still has his picc line in his shoulder, but they just hook him up every time he gets a dose o' the good stuff)
- watching the big yellow airplane fly around the cafeteria during said breakfast
- rooftop garden sessions
- playing grocery-store with sam and another kid in the playroom
- my kid is starting to get freakin' good at checkers!
- balloons and email surprises in the room
- dinner with nana, and a new toy! (playmobil grocery-store set...)

Lowlights:
- hacking cough follows us around everywhere. Parents turn their heads and say "ooh..! nice cough you got there!" or grimace. I don't blame them at all, but yeah,... gettin' old.
- the stupid confusion about us "going home." The doctors and nurses were thinking two different things. Confusion. Lots of visits by health insurance, home-health personnel, stuff like that.
- making managerial decisions about my sons' care as if I'm an informed pulmonary doctor (I mean, a useful one, who saves freakin' lives.)
- cafeteria belly.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update...I'll let the grammatical errors slide considering the circumstances. Feel free to post more heart-wrenching pictures! And I poured a little of my wine on the floor last night in honor of my homies. Give Sam some lovin' from mommy. You're doing a great job, guys. Really proud of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Brad.
    Glad you're poleless - I know that's a BIG help.
    Sammy, Gamma Wendy loves you.
    Later Dudes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you've become a bloggert. There are so many people thinking of you guys right now and sending all kinds of mucus kicking love your way.

    ReplyDelete